No, as wombats are protected wildlife, all carers must have a special permit. Joeys require specialist care, similar to premature babies. A joey needs to be given the correct care and often veterinary treatment without delay when it loses its mother. The best thing to do is put the joey in a warm pillow slip or beanie, and take it immediately to a licensed carer or vet. Minimise all noise if travelling in a car. Do not try to feed or give water.